|Home||» Products||» FLANGES STUDS & NUTS RING GASKETS PIPE FITTINGS||» STUDS & NUTS|
STUDS & NUTS
STUDS & NUTS
a. Bolting material will not be used beyond temperature limits specified in the governing Code.
1. Repair welding of bolting material is prohibited.
2. These bolting materials may be used with all listed materials and gaskets.
3. These bolting materials may be used with all listed materials and gaskets, provided it has been verified that as
Sealed Joint can be maintained under rated working pressure and temperature.
4. These bolting materials may be used with all listed materials but are limited to class 150 and class 300 Joints.
5. These materials may be used as bolting with comparable nickel and special alloy parts.
6. This austenitic stainless material has been carbide solution treated but not strain hardened. Use A 194 Nuts of corresponding material.
7. Nut may be machined from the same material or may be of a compatible grade of ASTM A194.
8. Maximum operating temperature is arbitrarily set at 5000 F (2600 C) because hard temper adversely affects design stress in the creep rupture range.
9. Forging quality not permitted unless the producer last heating or working these parts tests them as required for other permitted conditions in the same specification and certifies their final tensile, yield, and elongation properties to equal or exceed the requirements for one of the other permitted conditions.
10. This ferritic material is intended for low temperature service. Use A 194 Gr 4 or Gr 7 nuts.
11. This austenitic stainless material has been carbide solution treated and strain hardened. Use A 194 nuts of corresponding material.
12. This carbon steel fastener shall not be used above 4000 F (2000 C) or below -200 F (-290 C). See also note 4. Bolts with drilled or undersized heads shall not be used.
13 Acceptable nuts for use with quenched and tempered Bolts are A 194 Gr 2 and Gr 2H. Mechanical property requirements for studs shall be the same as those for bolts.
14 This special alloy is intended for high temperature service with austenitic stainless steel.