PARVEEN Storm Valve is run above the TST-1 compression set service packer to isolate the tubing below the packer for disconnection during a weather emergency or surface equipment repair. The valve has a J overshot running tool, which a quarter turn disconnects. This quick, safe, cost-effective well closing requires no tubing pulling. The valve can be repeatedly opened and closed, independent of the disconnection feature, enabling packer-pressure testing before disconnection.The heavy-duty bearing assembly enables free valve operation with the running string in compression, easing operation on floating rigs. Before packer retrieval, the string can be reconnected and the valve opened to equalize pressure.
Features, Advantages and Benefits:
- The rugged alloy-steel construction ensures dependability
- The internal-flush (IF) drillpipe tool-joint thread connections provide exceptional, fieldproventorsional strength for rigs
- The simple, field-proven design eases valve operation and redressing
- The J-tool disconnects with a quarter turn of the running string, providing fast, efficientvalve placement
- The valve can be opened and closed repeatedly with two quick turns, independent of thedisconnection feature, enabling the packer to be pressure tested before disconnection toensure its integrity
- The expandable plug provides through-bore access for circulation and wirelines