PARVEEN Overshot Expansion Joint (OEJ) Assembly is designed for applications where extreme tubing movements are expected due to stimulation or production of the well and when a tubing separation device is also required.The OEJ assembly is a one-trip system, which allows the well to be flanged up prior to setting the packer. The OEJ assembly incorporates a slick joint sub as well as housing - packing set including working seal units and a debris barrier above the working seals. The plain receptacle, housing - packing set and seals can be retrieved when the tubing string is recovered for maintenance or the entire completion can be retrieved by straight pull after ensuring that J-pin engaged with J-slot, thus allowing the packer to be retrieved.The OEJ assembly is available in varying lengths of up to 20 ft. stroke. Adjustable shear pins lock the inner & outer assembly together during run-in. Once the shear screw gets sheared by applying load, the outer assembly gets disengaged and it is free to move on the inner assembly, compensating for tubing movement.
- One-trip required to run in and actuate
- Available in stroke lengths up to 20 ft.
- Debris barrier above the working seals
- Seating nipple located at the upper end of the slick joint sub
- Seals can be retrieved for redress
- One-trip retrieval – J-pin J-slot assembly allows the entire completion to be retrieved with straight pick up of the tubing once engaged
- No tubing manipulation required to set
- One-trip system saves rig time
- Seals can be retrieved for redress without removing packer
- Completions in which the packer is set after the well is flanged up